Listen to the interview with Dr. Farris:
About this interview
Johann Sebastian Bach: The Learned Musician by Christoph Wolff is a lively and detailed portrait of the composer and the times which produced him. J.S. Bach was a composer, music scholar and virtuoso from 18th century who left behind a body of musical work of unparalleled richness. His work continues to be performed, interpreted and investigated more than three hundred years after his birth. His music is revered for its precision, depth, and artistic beauty. The biography draws off of recent Bach scholarship and evokes the enigmatic composer in a new light.
Here to discuss Johann Sebastian Bach: The Learned Musician is SWOSU Music Professor Daniel Farris. Dr. Farris is Associate Professor of Choral Music and Music Education. Dr. Farris is a regional and international scholar with focused interests in choral pedagogy, score studying, as well as foreign language diction.
- Topic: Johann Sebastian Bach: The Learned Musician (ISBN: 978-0393322569)
- Author(s)/Performer(s): Christof Wolff
- Interviewee: Daniel Farris
- Interviewer: Frederic Murray
- Recording Engineer: Doug Reichmann
- Length: 00:51:29 (hh:mm:ss)
- Recorded: September 19, 2016