Oxford Art Online (formerly Grove Art Online) comprises the full text of The Dictionary of Art (34 volumes) and The Oxford Companion to Western Art.
The OED is the accepted authority on the evolution of the English language over the last millennium. It is a guide to the meaning, history, and pronunciation of over half a million words, both present and past. It traces the usage of words through 2.5 million quotations from a wide range of international English language sources.
- Subject area(s):
- Language & Literature
- Access is limited to SWOSU students and employees.
- Simultaneous users: unlimited
- Publisher: Oxford
- Type of resource:
Oxford Music Online (formerly Grove Music Online) includes the full text of The New Grove Dictionary of Music and Musicians, The New Grove Dictionary of Opera, and The New Grove Dictionary of Jazz. It is updated annually.
- Subject area(s):
Oxford Reference contains titles from the Oxford Companion series, as well as the following:
- 130+ subject dictionaries and the Oxford World Encyclopedia
- English dictionaries, and bilingual dictionaries of French, German, Spanish, and Italian
- Timelines linking over 2,000 key events in 20th-century history
- 12,000 images and 500+ color maps
This is a trial database. Please fill out the Database Trial Feedback Form and let us know what you think. Access ends on Sunday, Oct. 20th, 2019.
SAGE Research Methods is a research methods tool which provides access to over 200,000 pages of SAGE's book, journal and reference content using advanced search and discovery tools. SAGE Research Methods Cases is a collection of hundreds of case studies of real social research. SAGE Research Methods Datasets is a collection of teaching datasets that can be used to support the teaching of quantitative and qualitative analytical methods used in the social sciences.
Stedman's Online Medical Dictionary is a reliable resource for pharmacy and nursing students, educators, researchers, and medical language specialists. Stedman's contains more than 100,000 terms and definitions and approximately 1,500 images and illustrations. Stedman's Online also incorporates these titles:
- Stedman's Medical Dictionary for the Health Professions and Nursing
- Stedman's Medical Dictionary for the Dental Professions
- Stedman's Pocket Medical Dictionary
- Stedman's Medical Abbreviations, Acronyms and Symbols