In accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, Southwestern Oklahoma State University has designated an agent to receive notices of alleged web-based copyright infringement:
Mr. Jason Dupree, Director of Libraries
Southwestern Oklahoma State University
Al Harris Library
100 Campus Drive
Weatherford, OK 73096
For more information on United States copyright laws, see the United States Copyright Office, http://lcweb.loc.gov/copyright.
Guidelines for Copyright Infringement Claims
The Digital Millennium Copyright Act specifies that infringement claims be submitted in writing (either electronic mail or paper letter) and include the following:
- a physical or electronic signature
- identification of the copyrighted work
- identification of the infringing material and information sufficient to locate the material
- contact information for the complainant, e.g. address, telephone number, electronic mail address
- a statement that the complaining party has a good-faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law
- a statement that the information contained in the notification is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner.