Skip to main content

Al Harris Library Food and Drink


Citing Sources


Food and drink are allowed in the Al Harris Library under the following guidelines:

  • Drinks must be in a spill-proof container. Open containers such as cans, bottles, or cups and mugs without lids are not permitted.
  • Snack foods, such as chips, cookies, crackers, bagels, donuts, etc. are allowed in the library. Messy foods (such as french fries, ice cream, pizza, burgers, fried chicken, or fast food from the Student Union or a restaurant) are not permitted.
  • Alcoholic beverages are prohibited.
  • No food deliveries of any kind are allowed, including pizza delivery.
  • No food or drink is allowed near equipment such as DVD players, microform machines, Media Creation Room equipment, etc.
  • Library users should use caution when consuming beverages around computer workstations, portable computers, and in the Library Instruction Room.
  • Food and drink are prohibited in the Southwestern Room.

If you bring to the library a drink that isn't in a spill-proof container or bring food that's likely to make a mess, you must

  • take the food or drink to the lounge area in the library basement, or
  • take the food or drink outside the library, or
  • dispose of the food or drink in the trash.

Water dispenser and coffee machine etiquette:

  • Put trash in the trash can and and clean up spills of sugar, creamer, water, etc.
  • Report problems with the coffee and water machines to the Library Administration Office.

Bottled drink and snack vending machines:

  • Lost money is refunded at the Circulation Desk.
  • Problems with the vending machines and photocopiers can be reported to Auxiliary Services at (580)774-7104.

Help keep the library clean:

  • Throw away your trash and clean up spills, crumbs, sticky tables, etc. A "spill kit" is available at the Circulation Desk.
  • Please report any messes to the Circulation Desk quickly so the spill can be cleaned up immediately.

If you have any questions about the Food and Drink Policy ask at the Circulation Desk, call (580)774-3730, or contact Mr. Jason Dupree.