About Interlibrary Loan
The interlibrary loan service (ILL) gives you an easy and convenient way to get articles, books, and media that are not in the Al Harris Library's collection. Before submitting your ILL request, please check the library catalog and the Journal Finder to verify that the item you need is not in the library's collection.
- You must be a SWOSU student, employee, or emeritus to use the interlibrary loan service.
- There is no limit on the number of interlibrary loan requests.
- When your requested item has arrived, we will contact you by email or phone. Books, videos, and other items that can't be sent by email are held at the Circulation Desk.
- Most ILL items are obtained at no cost to you. However, if there is a fee, students must pay the fee when picking up the loaned item.
- You are responsible for your interlibrary loan fees even if you do not pick up your interlibrary loan. A hold will be placed on your transcript and your interlibrary loan privileges may be suspended until the fee is paid.
- Interlibrary loan fees for employees are charged to the individual or the employee's department.
Questions and Help
If you have a question about the library's interlibrary loan service or need to check on the status of your request, please contact Ms. Ashlee Merritt.