Southwestern Oklahoma State University welcomes the use of the Al Harris Library by teachers and high school students. Please read these guidelines before scheduling your class for a library visit.
- Schedule your class visit by contacting the Instruction Department at (580)774-7113 or by email. Contact us at least one week prior to the date you'd like to visit.
- One visit per school is allowed per semester.
- Visits are limited to high school junior and senior level classes. Your students will need to bring an assignment that requires research with college-level scholarly resources.
- The maximum class size is 20 students.
- Classes with more than 20 students may be split between two days.
- The Instruction Dept. will reserve the Library Instruction Room for your class. There are 15 student PCs and 1 instructor PC. PCs on the first floor are reserved for SWOSU students and are not to be used by visiting students.
- On request, library personnel will give your class a brief presentation about how to use our library's resources. Library personnel will also show visiting instructors how to use the Library Instruction Room equipment.
- Individual high school students are welcome to use the library at other times under the same policies that apply to other members of the public.
- Minors age 18 or younger who are not SWOSU students cannot check out library materials.
- Minors age 18 or younger who are not SWOSU students must be accompanied by a parent, guardian, or instructor when using computers in the Al Harris Library. See the Library Computing Policy for full details.